Contact a member of the Media Relations team
The Media Relations team is available to coordinate press inquiries and serves as a liaison between the media and the hospital. Please connect with a member of the team if you have a story idea, need assistance with story development or have a specific question or request.
The Media Relations department has guidelines for contacting Children's Hospital Colorado to arrange interviews, videotape sessions, or photo opportunities. Please contact a member from the team or call the media pager for assistance.
By law and out of respect for patients and families, privacy is of utmost concern in the hospital. Regardless of the nature of the visit, media presence at Children's Colorado must be authorized and coordinated by the Public Relations Department. This includes requests for interviews with physicians, nurses, all other hospital personnel, and patient families.
Children's Colorado Public Relations office has established the following guidelines for contacting Children's Colorado to arrange interviews, videotape sessions, or photo opportunities.
- Please contact Media Relations to arrange interviews. Media Relations tracks all inquiries from the media, and when appropriate, can provide additional or more appropriate sources for your story.
- Advance notice of on-site interviews is necessary so Media Relations staff can arrange for a room for media interviews, notify the patient care areas involved, and line up the appropriate patients, families, and Children's Colorado staff for the story.
- All patients must sign a consent form before the media will be allowed to shoot pictures, videotape or film.
- To protect the privacy of all other Children's Colorado patients and families, Media Relations must accompany all reporters and photographers on Children's Hospital Colorado property.
- Media parking is available in the designated "Media Parking" spaces in the Emergency Department parking lot, next to the blood mobile parking.
Without consent of a parent or legal guardian, Children's Colorado will only release a one-word description of a patient's condition. Below are the definitions of the four conditions approved by the American Hospital Association:
- Good: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable; indicators are excellent.
- Fair: Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious but may be uncomfortable; indicators are favorable.
- Serious: Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill; indicators are questionable.
- Critical: Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may not be conscious; indicators are unfavorable.
About Children’s Hospital Colorado
Children’s Colorado is a leading pediatric network 100% dedicated to the health and well-being of children, adolescents and young adults. Consistently acknowledged as one of the nation’s top pediatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report, Children’s Colorado is recognized nationally and internationally for its medical, research, education and advocacy programs. It is at the forefront of research in childhood disease and pioneering treatments that are shaping the future of pediatrics, as well as offering everyday care for kids throughout Colorado and surrounding states. Founded in 1908, Children’s Colorado offers a full spectrum of family-centered care at its urgent, emergency and specialty care locations throughout Metro Denver and Southern Colorado, including its location on the Anschutz Medical Campus. Scheduled to open in early 2019, the new Children’s Hospital Colorado, Colorado Springs will be the first pediatric-only hospital in southern Colorado. For more information, visit www.childrenscolorado.org or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Children’s Hospital Colorado complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-720-777-9800.
CHÚ Ý: Nếu bạn nói Tiếng Việt, có các dịch vụ hỗ trợ ngôn ngữ miễn phí dành cho bạn. Gọi số 1-720-777-9800 https://www.hhs.gov/civil-rights/for-individuals/section-1557/index.html
Children’s Colorado is located near the intersection of I-225 and East Colfax Avenue on the Anschutz Medical Campus and is the hub of our entire network of care. Our address is 13123 East 16th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045. We have parking available for media in the Emergency Department parking lot off Colfax and Aurora Court Parkway in the marked “Media Parking” spaces. Representatives from the media are asked to walk around to the front main entrance of the hospital and check in at the Welcome and Information Desk.