Children’s Hospital Colorado has a long history of advocating to improve the health and safety of kids. This work goes beyond our hospital walls and into the broader community. As a nonprofit pediatric hospital, our bottom line is kids. Let us customize a partnership for you to give your employees an opportunity to connect with each other and the community.
Enrichment: Free educational opportunities for your employees
Parenting. There’s a lot to it. No one knows your kids like you do. But sometimes you need a quick tip, a new idea, and maybe a little support. That’s where the pediatric experts at Children’s Colorado can help. We hold free parenting seminars throughout Colorado on a wide range of pediatric topics.
Parenting seminar topics
We’ve included a list of current seminar examples below. We also offer customized seminars for your employees based on their interests.
- Heart Health
- Sleep Issues
- Sick Kids 101
- Concussion 101
- Teen Driver Safety
- Kids and Technology
- Discipline/Dealing with Defiance
- Additional topics: stress management, teen topics, depression, mental health, body image, vaccines/immunizations, newborn baby care, bullying/cyber bullying, sports medicine, work-life balance, asthma, allergies, celiac disease, hydration, dental health, tummy troubles, tonsils, health myths, etc.
Parenting seminar location: Seminars can be held at your location, one of our hospital locations or one of our community partner sites, such as the Denver Art Museum or Denver Zoo.
Free Parenting resource content
As a partner in the community, we’re also committed to keeping kids out of the hospital. That’s why we’ve created free parenting resources for parents and caregivers. Learn more about free parenting resources that you can provide to your employees, including our 24/7 pediatric nurse line, ChildrensMD mobile App, car seat checks and safety store. We can provide monthly content for your internal newsletters, website or employee emails promoting health.
You can also sign up now to receive our free Just Ask Children’s quarterly magazine and monthly digital newsletter, with parenting tips and resources from the experts at Children’s Colorado.
Health and Wellness
If your organization is hosting a Health and Wellness Fair, we would love to join. At Children's Colorado, we want to ensure families have the resources they need. We can provide giveaways along with informational handouts for your employees.
Engagement: Offering an inspiring community service opportunity
We offer a variety of team-building opportunities for your employees through volunteering or team donations for patients and families.
Each activity listed below is unforgettable, whether your team is helping at a community event or making fleece blankets for our patients to help make their stay with us as comfortable as possible.
- Blanket making party: Host a blanket making party at your office and let your employees bond over making blankets for patients at Children's Colorado. Minimal fees apply to cover the costs of the supplies.
- Customized craft party: Host a craft party in the main atrium of our hospital for our patients and their families.
- Volunteer in the community: We host events throughout the Denver Metro area and are always in need of volunteers to help staff our booths and hand out educational materials along with fun giveaways.
- National Western Stock Show in January
- Cheyenne Frontier Days in July
- Baby & Kids Expo in September
- Boo at the Zoo in October
- Pumpkin Festival in October
- Snow Pile: This event is held in December and gives our patients’ families an opportunity to select gifts for their loved ones. Your team can volunteer to staff toy tables and help the families shop for the perfect gift.
- Organize a blood drive: Thirty minutes of your time can mean a lifetime to a child in need. One blood donation can help save or enhance the lives of up to five children. Ask us how you can host a drive at your office.
Family resource center giving opportunity
Our Family Resource Center offers a quiet respite for our families, and a space to care for themselves. This updated space provides a private area away from the busy hospital exclusively for parents and guardians of our patients. The space consists of a reception area, business center, kitchen, dining, laundry, TV, relaxation, consultation rooms and six new sleep rooms.
How your business can support the family resource center
- Provide board games, movies, toiletry kits, books and magazines
- Sponsor coffee, breakfast or evening snacks during a given month
- Donate time by offering a service, such as haircuts, chair massage, yoga, nail care or participating in an activity like blanket making
- Provide materials for fleece blankets, scrapbooking and prepackaged foods
Please email or call 720-777-3284 for more information on our corporate and community relations opportunities. We look forward to hearing from you!